Care and Protection Legal Advice

Women’s Legal Service NSW gives free confidential legal advice to mothers and other female relatives who are dealing with the Department of Family and Community Services (FaCS).

Your Kids Your Rights

Call us on (02) 8745 6988
Aboriginal women can also call 1800 639 784

Or call Legal Aid NSW on 1800 551 589

What can we do?

If you have been contacted by FaCS or you think FaCS might be concerned about your children, you should get legal advice and know your rights. You can get help to negotiate an arrangement with FaCS that is better for you and your children.

We can help you with:

  • Parental Responsibility Contracts.
  • Preliminary advice and negotiation about Parental Capacity Orders.
  • Variations to contact orders.
  • Post final order contact disputes.
  • Any other questions about welfare, family, discrimination or domestic violence.

Appointments and Contacts

We can give you legal advice

Additional contacts for Indigenous women

Our Kids Our Rights

In addition to the locations above, Aboriginal women can also see a lawyer at our IWLP Outreach Advice Clinics in Blackett, Campbelltown, Emerton and Mt Druitt.

Translate »