Care and Protection Legal Advice
Women’s Legal Service NSW gives free confidential legal advice to mothers and other female relatives who are dealing with the Department of Family and Community Services (FaCS).
Your Kids Your Rights
Call us on (02) 8745 6908
Aboriginal women can also call 1800 639 784
Or call Legal Aid NSW on 1800 551 589
What can we do?
If you have been contacted by FaCS or you think FaCS might be concerned about your children, you should get legal advice and know your rights. You can get help to negotiate an arrangement with FaCS that is better for you and your children.
We can help you with:
- Parental Responsibility Contracts.
- Preliminary advice and negotiation about Parental Capacity Orders.
- Variations to contact orders.
- Post final order contact disputes.
- Any other questions about welfare, family, discrimination or domestic violence.
Appointments and Contacts
We can give you legal advice
- over the phone;
- in person at a women’s health centre in Blacktown, Fairfield, Liverpool or Penrith, or
- we can visit you in prison at Emu Plains or Silverwater.
Additional contacts for Indigenous women
Our Kids Our Rights
Aboriginal women can also see a lawyer at our IWLP Outreach Advice Clinics in Blackett, Campbelltown, Emerton and Mt Druitt We can also visit Aboriginal women at Dillwynia Correctional Centre.
This service is a partnership with Legal Aid NSW to provide legal assistance in response to recent amendments to the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998.