Getting legal advice

If you think you have been subjected to sexual violence, you could consider getting legal advice.

A lawyer may be able to give you advice about:

  • what can happen if you decide to report the violence to the police;
  • options to keep you safe;
  • financial support and compensation options;
  • other non-legal support services.

You can get free legal advice from Community Legal Centres (CLCs) and Legal Aid NSW. Call LawAccess on 1300 888 529 for a referral to your local free legal service, or see Useful Contacts.

Translate »